I've been nominated for this a few times and I think I did one of these posts a while back but I'm not overly keen on sharing stuff about myself in questions and random facts so I tend to avoid doing these, preferring to just nominate blogs I love for them to gain more readers and for my followers to enjoy their blogs too :-) however I thought I'd do this one as I like the questions that Abbie from Pride and Pedicure (great name!) has asked. So Abbie nominated me this time! Big thank yous girl! :-)
The award is for blogs with under 200 followers and the rules are that you must link back to who nominated you (and say thank you!), write 11 random facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions given, nominate 11 blogs and come up with 11 questions for them to answer :-)
11 facts de moi:
1. I like leggings a ridiculous amount. If you follow my instagram you'll have seen my extensive collection...
2. I have a star shaped scar on my forehead. I like to think I'm Harry Potter.
3. I am studying Biology, Chemistry and French for A-level.
4. I love Cara Delevigne.
5. My full name is Amber Louise Davey but I usually get called Dave, Simba or Bambi.
6. I have been to America once and thought the food was appalling.
7. I am a vegetarian and have been for 7 years. It's not that I think it's cruel ('cos I still eat fish!) but I really hate the fleshy texture of meat.
8. I am a blue belt in kickboxing.
9. I went to Reading festival summer 2012 which was my first festival.
10. My hair grows crazy quick.
11. I'm really small.
Questions from Abbie:
1. Who is your style inspiration?
I don't really have one in particular. I take inspiration from different aspects of certain people as everyone has their own individual style and certain things that suit them. I love Helen's style from the love cats inc and like to take some inspiration from her style but I know much of what she wears wouldn't suit me. I'm also inspired by 90s style and people like Rita Ora.
2. Why did you start blogging and when?
Simply because I love clothes and I had started a lookbook account and so I had started reading other peoples blogs and I thought it'd be fun! I started about this time last year but didn't do much with le blog until November 2012.
3. Tea or coffee?
4. If you could go anywhere in the world right now where would you go and why?
Hawaii because my boyfriend is on holiday there at the moment and I miss him.
5. What is in your make up bag?
Garnier BB dark circles concealer, L'oreal mascara and burts bees lip balm is virtually all I carry with me. Sometimes it's just the lip balm. I'm really low maintenance and never bother with touch ups.
6. Who is your favourite blogger?
See the 11 blogs nominated below ;-)
7. What is your favourite clothing brand and make up brand?
I have too many! Topshop and River Island for high street stores and I love Rings&Tings and Black Milk Clothing as online stores. For make up I usually use L'oreal but I'm dying to try MAC and Topshop make up.
8. What is your favourite TV show?
GOSSIP GIRL!!! Although it's over now *sad face* right now I'm loving supersize v superskinny!
9. If you could change anything about yourself what would it be and why?
I could come up with quite a list here...physically I'd like to be a bit taller and slightly less skinny so my shoulder blades didn't stick out. I'd also like to be better at saving money...
10. Who inspires you?
11. What has been your biggest/most embarrassing faux pas?
I can't say I've really had a really embarrassing faux pas. I'm pretty good at knowing what is good for me but I am constantly trying to find dresses that suit me and smarten up my style a bit but truth is it just doesn't suit me.
Samantha from Blushing Appraisal
Alice from Dust and Arrow
Yazmine from Mind of a Dreamer
Kaz from Sunshine Days
Rachel from Space Bound
Lauren from Bits and Beauty Bobs
Grace from Grace's Walk In Wardrobe
OK I know that's only 8 but my other favourite blogs have over 200 followers...oh. I didn't want to just nominate blogs because I have to, these are genuinely blogs I adore and look forward to their posts. If you read none of this post please at least check these out! I love them! And I'm sure I mention the same blogs all the time but there are a few new ones there I have only discovered recently which I LOVE LOVE LOVE! :-)
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. How did you come up with your blog name?
3. What type of blogs do you most like reading and why?
4. Where do you usually shop?
5. How would you describe your style?
6. Do you use any other fashion platforms such as lookbook or chictopia?
7. Take away or eat out in a restaurant?
8. How many countries have you been to and which ones?
9. Do you like the idea of blogger meet ups?
10. What motivates you to keep blogging?
11. What other hobbies do you have?
So this has been a different kind of post and I'm actually half tempted to just delete it, surely people aren't interested in what I have to say about myself right? Does it not make me sound big headed? Well that's not what I'm going for I just really liked Abbie's questions and wanted to share the blogs I read with you :-)